We are so blessed to have so many good foods available just around the corner. I thought I'd share some home cookin' with you to give you a "taste" of what we've been eating! Pictured above (L to R): Russian Milk, Olive Oil, Peanut Butter (from CA!), Apple Cider Vinegar, apricots, bananas, sea salt (from Germany), and fruit juice. In the front we have scrambled eggs, toast, and hash browns. Mmmmmm....
The milk here is interesting. Check out the exp. date...May 3, 2010. Better stock up! And I had to show off my Honey Champs from Germany...breakfast of "Champions". :)
Here we are at our local super market. Lots of juice and pop to choose from, feels right at home. Matt is carrying a big bag of macaroni.
Here we have the ingredients to our famous "Whatever You Got" soup. On the plate is our "mystery vegetable" which we think is a turnip, along with carrots, and potatoes, and in the bowl are some onions. And "Ус" (pronounced Ose) our Penguin humidifier is keeping the veggies from drying out.
He's a good little helper.
And here was our most recent delight...taco night!
We just got a package of soft shell tortillas from a really neat place in town that teaches women to make tortillas to help them earn a good living and keep them off the streets. They are really yummy! We had fried onions and green peppers along with shredded Gouda cheese (reminds me of my CoWS!). We also tried our first purchase of meat from the store, ground up hamburger, which was quite tasty. We've had horse, which was good, but haven't worked up the courage to buy it at the market yet. We've also had mouton many times in restaurants, but don't appreciate tasting it again later. :)
And the infamous Russian Ice Cream with KitKat and hot chocolate mix on one and lemon waffers on the other. I'm sure some of you can guess who's was who's. :)
And finally...fried bologna and potato pancakes. Mmm, mm. Thanks for joining us for dinner. Come again!
:) Love and miss ya all, Jess
:) Love and miss ya all, Jess








Oh, how fun to see the supermarket! Thank you so much for posting these things. I'm excited to join you in Feb/March! It's good for me to see the things we have to look forward to. Hmmmm....horse? I'm not so sure about that one. I suppose I'll get to taste it eventually!
ReplyDeleteLooks tasty. Whats the story on the milk? expires in 7-8 months? Keep you guys in my prayers, love ya
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you brother!
ReplyDeleteBest,
Fadhili