Monday, April 2, 2012

9th Graders and Skiing

 Ahhhh, the 9th grade, when responsibilities are low and life, when not is school, is just about fun!  I remember my own childhood and the frequent outings to the slopes.  There was little more I ever wanted to do than to go skiing.  To my Dad, Brian, Justin, Larry and the rest...here's one for ol' times!  In fact, I realized on this trip that I haven't been skiing since I met Jessica!  What an odd thing since we both love skiing so much, but we've each been once now in Mongolia, not together, but none the less, skiing has happened!

   Here I am with Dulguunnaran.  He's in both my Business Studies and English classes and an all around nice kid...quite handsome too!  :-)

 In yonder chair is Mr. Kennedy (Matthew) and Zolbayar who I see less often but is a part of the same cohort of boys, half of whom could not join us today.

Here's Duuluu taking his first jump ever...of course it was monkey-see-monkey-do!  Where'd that big monkey come from anyway?!  Well, we spotted the big monkey again, this time going down the hill with a video camera!  It's it two parts...

 
My run was too long to email from my iTouch so you get the first bit and the last bit.  :)


 If you look below, the run right above my head is the last little bit I went down.  It's a black diamond, but a fairly tame one at that.  40 degree slope but totally groomed...no problem, even with a video camera!  :)  WOW, I miss those Colorado slopes of old!

It was a great day with some new friends with lots of good time getting to know each other on the chair.  What a blast to "be young again" and have the body hold up fairly well.

2 comments:

  1. That brought back some great memories. Looks like you created some more for yourself too! Good to know you can still stand up, or did you not post your falling over for no reason? :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun, but I couldn't get the videos to work. Hope to here from you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete