Well, our first Thanksgiving in Mongolia was very nice! We had the day off from our teaching practice due to to Mongolia's Independence Day. We spent the noon meal with the Detherage's and discussed our next few days of teaching and such (had to do a little work before the play). :) After that Matt took me to the store and surprised me by letting me play on some nice electric pianos. I would love to get a piano here and maybe start teaching some lessons (and get better myself!).
After that, we came home and I made our Thanksgiving Feast! Fried Chicken (with millet flour and olive oil), mashed potatoes and green beans! MMMMmmmm...was that yummy!
Then I made dessert! That's right PUMPKIN PIE! The pumpkins here are so cute and little, I didn't even know it was a pumpkin until someone told me what it was. :)
Here's My Masher, hard at work!
Mmm...pie filling! Cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs...
Here's the crust...millet flour and olive oil. (Next time, I might use butter instead. A little butter here and there is ok.)
The crust was a little runny so no side crust, but that's ok.
Just before hitting the oven...
All done!
Yummy, yummy!
Not to bad for no sugar or milk! I'll make a few adjustments next time around, but Matt liked it...of course he likes pie no matter what kind it is!
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We love you and miss you all and hope you have a blessed Holiday Weekend!
Love, Jess'n'Matt











No comments:
Post a Comment