One of the main highlights thus far has got to be the day we spent with our new friends last Sunday. We congregated at their usual place out in "the burbs", loaded all us fish in a few cars like sardines, and headed out east of town to a wonderful park along the river.
As much as we were trying to stay with the group, we had to sneak off for a couple minutes to soak in the beauty. It is by far the closest thing we've seen to sights we're used to in the States...it was wonderful!
On the way in we paused to stop and reflect a while on all that was, is, and is to come. It was such a neat treat to see the leaves changing colors. Fall is one of the most wonderful times in Minnesota so this was medicinal mentally, spiritually, and otherwise. And to think, all this was made with a word...
We all gathered together for a time of teaching, fellowship, and making new friends. This old woman and I walked arm-and-arm together for about 15 minutes on the way to the river. I'm sure that'll be toppin' the "memories" chart for a while!
Jess and I plopped down behind this cute little guy! :) Since we couldn't understand what was being said we just ended up having a little nonverbal playtime. I love universal truths such as these. :)
OK, so is it just me or are babies getting cuter all the time? I'm not saying anything about anything but I found myself thinking I could have stuffed this one in my backpack without anybody noticing...or at least wishing I could. ;) She's a sweetie!
We ate, laughed, acted out a few old-but-good'n stories, played games, and made all kinds of new friends. We were divided up into three teams and I eventually realized that every activity we did was being judged and scored. I got to be the Great Physician in our skit and even got to say a few lines in Mongolian! Jess and her team got to be a big fish and barfed a guy out on shore. For one of the activities we had to perform a dance so my teammate Jennifer and I tought them a modified version of the Electric Slide, counting out all the beats in Mongolian. neeg, hoyer, gorow, dooroo, neg, hoyer, gorow, dooroo... :)
It was a small foretaste of every tribe and tongue...I can hardly wait! I'm pretty sure we'll see these two guys on that day, I hope I get to spend some time stuying with them this year. Our team got all dressed up in branches and coal dust, what a riot!
It was a really special day for these three ladies and they celebrated by taking a quick swim in the river. We were honored to be there with them for their special day!
What a glorious day! We got to see the beauty of fall, the joy of extended family, and taste of the wonders that are to come! Thank you to everyone of you that has gotten us here and kept us here through thought, word, and deed. We know there are more of you than we know and we lift up thanksgivings for you very often. Please keep us lifted up in the days ahead and hope along with us for countless more opportunities to strengthen our siblings and to add to their fold. We love you!









Those are some beautiful pictures! I'm checking your blog every day to hear about your adventures. I hope you are enjoying your new life!! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteAmazing photos, and greatly appreciated. Also noted is your spiritual sensitivity. We've asked our Friend to help you to be useful for Him in this area.
ReplyDeleteYou look healthy and happy...a real blessing.
Meghan is hugely p.g. and due this week.
Great skyping on Monday!